Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Family Movie Night - Finding Nemo

Pin It now!
For a few weeks now Dawson has gotten really excited every time he saw Nemo. He has a Nemo beach ball and a Nemo book, but we had never watched Finding Nemo and still he loved him so I knew that our next movie night definitely had to be Finding Nemo!

We started off by doing a couple of crafts. I had Dawson paint a paper plate so we could make Dory. He didn't really seem that into painting that day which is surprising because he normally loves to paint. He was finished painting after about 2 or 3 minutes which is totally fine by me...less mess to clean up! *lol*


We also made a little fish family with our handprints. We did Dawson's first and we had a little too much paint on his hand so it didn't turn out perfect but we were still happy with it.


Then me and hubby made some jelly fish out of paper plates and crepe paper. I also added some little fish tails to our plates to make them look like fish.




And, of course, our movie tickets!


For dinner we had SEAnut butter and jellyFISH sandwiches in the shape of a fish. (ok, ok, me and Dave had BLT's and Dawson had the PB&J.) We also had some asparagas that was supposed to be like seaweed and some mac and cheese with goldfish crackers which represents anemone where Nemo lives! (I accidentally cut off the fish's tail when I was taking the picture! Oops!)


And for dessert we had blue jello with swedish fish and whipped cream.


We had a really fun night and Dawson actually watched a good amount of the movie, he really does love Nemo! I have no idea what movie we are going to be watching next but I do know that our next movie night won't be for another 3 weeks because...well just because! At least I know I have plenty of time to plan it!

In case you missed it I made some movie tickets for you snag! And I will have movie tickets for 7 more movies posting on Thursday so look out for those. :)

Also if you have been doing family movie nights please let me know, I'm going to be making a few posts featuring some of the movie nights that others have been doing.

12 comments:

April said...

SEAnut butter...I'm chuckling in delight. I love seeing your movie nights. I really think I am going to start doing them. Little kids do love their characters. My little girl loves characters from movies shes never seen before as well. I guess those Disney people really know how to appeal to them!

Christina said...

I was so excited to see that you had posted about your Finding Nemo night! :) You have the best ideas. We wanted to do gummy fish in blue jello for ours, but they don't sell blue jello here. Man, I'm just going to go crazy when I get back to the states, aren't I? lol Great job! I can't wait to see the new tickets on Thursday, too. I am horrible at waiting, though. lol

Tractor Mom said...

You are just so unblieveably crafty!! This is just too cute! Love it...

Come visit when you can...

www.frugaltractormom.blogspot.com

Tractor Mom said...

You are just so unblieveably crafty!! This is just too cute! Love it...

Come visit when you can...

www.frugaltractormom.blogspot.com

Karen Mortensen said...

So cute once again. I love all your art projects. I may borrow the fish family one.

Trudie said...

Love the Dory craft! He did a great job. He is such a sweetie! You have so many great ideas Jamie, thanks for sharing :)

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

MiniDork has been a Pooh-or-nothing kinda girl for a while now. But just recently has started demanding "fsshh! fsshh!" too. :)

Amanda said...

Looks awesome as usual! We did Finding Nemo last week (haven't posted it yet) and made the same jello idea that you did only ours didn't turn out :( What did you use in the middle? We used shark fruit snacks and the jello stayed liquid-y around them and the coloring bled.
So far, the only one I have posted is Ice Age 3. We did Cars too and used your movie tickets- Thanks for posting them!!!

Jada Rocks said...

Love the spin on family movie night...my favorite was the hand print fish. Too Cute! Thanks for sharing.

LyndiLou said...

I'm in LOVE with Finding Nemo... and these are some of the cutest ideas EVER!!! How fun! Thanks for sharing!

Ludicrous Mama said...

What fun ideas! Now I want to do a movie night... only it looks like soooo much work!
Found you through Muffin Tin Monday. Following and subscribing now too! Hope to be brave enough to get out our paints and try some of your crafts!

Sarah said...

I love this post! My family recently did a Finding Nemo Movie night, too, and your site gave me some good ideas! I love your site!